This is only a brief synopsis of the walk. A full description and relevant map can be viewed on the attached pdf. We would recommend that this is used when undertaking the walk.
Using Sopworth Lane, Shallowbrook Lane, Sherston 36 & 21 and Brook Hill.
2.4 miles – on a relatively flat, quiet road then a track and across fields.
- From the High Street turn left at the Post Office, go along Court Street past the16th Court House
- At the crossroads turn left down Sopworth Lane to Stan Bridge with good views of the river and open farmland
The following part of this walk can be added to the end of the Sopworth Walk
- Cross the bridge and take the track on your left, which leads to Shallowbrook Lane. This is a very pretty old pathway with a variety of trees, interesting hedgerows and wild flowers.
- Take the footpath across flat pasture, with lovely wild flowers in springtime, This is known as the ‘Flying Field’ as Lady Blanche Douglas, sister of the late Duke of Beaufort and a great early aviation enthusiast, used it as such during the 1930s
- Walk across these fields with charming views of the river, the cliff and village ahead. Then make your way down Reevers Hill, turning up Brook Hill and into Sherston High Street.