This is only a brief synopsis of the walk. A full description and relevant map can be viewed on the attached pdf. We would recommend that this is used when undertaking the walk.
Using Sopworth Lane, Sherston 23, Sopworth 7, 11, 12 & 10 and Sherston 24.
4.1 miles following the course of the River Avon or 5.2 miles with Didmarton option.
- Walk into Court Street past the16th century Court House, and take Sopworth Lane. From Stan Bridge the footpath leads across wonderful open farmland following the river, passing
- Crow Down Springs, which feed the Sherston branch of the Avon, coming from its source at Joyce’s Pool in Didmarton
- Either: take the footpath over fields and heading back towards Sopworth village
- Or: for a longer walk, head towards Didmarton crossing open farmland eventually joining Sopworth Road
- Enter the village walking through Church Lane past the lovely church through the churchyard to fields which are full of wild flowers in spring. Sopworth Brake is on the left. Crossing Stan Bridge walk back to Sherston